1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading to 4 TVs

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by DJ Lon, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ Lon

DJ Lon Legend

Nov 3, 2005
    I am buying a 3 bedroom house shortly and will be wanting to upgrade my service. I currently have a lone 522 which is in my living room and the ch 60 output goes to my master bedroom.

In my new house I would like to put my 522 in the master bedroom, a new 625 in the living room, a new receiver in the guest bedroom and a new receiver in my home office.

Does this configuration qualify for the 4 TV rule?

2. DBS Commando

DBS Commando Godfather

Apr 6, 2006
    I just tried a basic setup on Dish Builder and it let me go up to 4 TV's...

I wonder why they wouldn't go up to 6 like D*, kind of a bummer

3. jarvantgroup

jarvantgroup Icon

Mar 24, 2006
    4 leased tuners is the rule, not 4 rcvrs. Your 522 dual-tuner rcvr counts as two tuners. The new 625 dual-tuner will count as the remaining two leased tuners, or the two single-tuners for the guest BR/office. You will have to purchase the additional 'tuners'. If you will only use the guest BR and office sparingly, split the TV2 signals from your current 522 and/or a new 625 to those rooms to avoid having to purchase the additional equipment. Those rooms will obviously be viewing the same program as the TV2 that they are split off from. The TV2 remotes could be used from those additional rooms. :icon_cool

4. TiVoPrince

TiVoPrince AllStar

May 10, 2007

DirecTV

has rules like that? At one time I had eight DirecTiVos (16 tuners) and never had a question...

5. DJ Lon

DJ Lon Legend

Nov 3, 2005
    Aah, tuners...makes sense. Hmm, so I'd have to settle (without additional expense) for two DVRs and call it a day. :( This is one of these situations where cable TV would come in handy because it could be installed in every room.

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC

Well, as long as cable was only analog and didn't require a digital cable box. Then you're right back to the E* situation...

7. finniganps

finniganps Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    EXACTLY, and if you're in an area like mine, the analog signal is not good....I wouldn't even consider going to cable as long as I'd have significant analog channels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.