1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading to MRV...What To Expect/Ask For?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by johnfron, Nov 10, 2010.

1. johnfron

johnfron New Member

Dec 29, 2005
    I currently have the following receivers:

D10
    R15-100
    HR21-100
    H21-100

I am planning on moving the R15-100 in place of the D10, and adding a new HD DVR. I'd also like to add multi-room viewing (I understand that would only work between the HD receivers). I currently have only one input to the HR21-100.

I understand that I will be re-upping for another 2 years when I make these changes. If I am going to make the change - can I ensure I also get upgraded to SWM for the HR21 location - since I only have one line at that location? Would the HR21 also need to be upgraded? What should I expect in terms of cost?

Thanks for any advice - I appreciate it!

2. The Merg

The Merg 1*

Jun 24, 2007
    Northern VA
    If you ask for the Whole Home DVR Upgrade, that will ensure that you are upgraded to SWiM and any non-SWiM receivers are replaced with compatible ones. In your case, the R15 will actually be replaced with a R16 (or if you are lucky, a R22, which would act like an HD-DVR). The D10, if you keep it, will be replaced with a D12.

Your cost for the upgrade, including the new receiver, should be no more than about $398 ($199 for the Whole Home and $199 for the HD-DVR). Depending on your account history, you may be able to get some of those fees reduced.

- Merg