1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Urgent - Acquiring Satellite Signal?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by quizzer, Aug 10, 2010.

1. quizzer

quizzer Icon

Aug 29, 2006
    Suddenly in the morning today when i switched on DISH, the screen gets the " acquiring satellite signal" message" and it doesnt go further at all.

It stays the same way and it doesnt progress any further.

Can someone tell me how to fix this issue?

2. jsk

jsk Icon

Dec 27, 2006
    Either your dish is out of alignment or the cable connection is faulty.

First, check your cable connections to make sure they are tight. Then, unplug the receiver, wait 5 seconds and plug it back in again. If that doesn't work, then call E*.

3. epokopac

epokopac Godfather

Aug 8, 2007
    Lawrencevill...
    Had the same thing recently happen on channel 9850 (KBS World). The dish needed a minor alignment. My wife is happy again. She enjoys the Korean shows.