1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

US tv package in Ecuador

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Tips and Resources' started by tsmith6572, Feb 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsmith6572

tsmith6572 New Member

May 19, 2010
    My mother in law lives in ecuador but is an american transplant. When she got her service in ecuador, they hooked her up with some sort of international package with limited us tv. No us locals, etc. Is there a way for her to get a us package? She still owns a home in arixona if that means anything

Sent from my SCH-I535 using DBSTalk mobile app

2. slice1900

slice1900 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Iowa
    Directv's satellites aim US content at the US, it couldn't be received in Ecuador even if that was legal.

She should talk to other US expats living down there. If there's any way to do this, they'd be the ones who'd know. I can say pretty much for certain that getting locals from Arizona won't happen. Maybe LA or NYC if she's lucky.

3. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    I'd think streaming the news from the web sites is her only chance at any local type tv.

4. trh

trh This Space for Sale

Nov 2, 2007
    NE FL
    Does she have DirecTV (or other TV provider system) in her house in Arizona? Then a slingbox-type device could solve her problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.