1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

USA HD - Law & Order Criminal Intent

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by devans175, Nov 13, 2007.

1. devans175

devans175 Cool Member

Mar 20, 2007
    I set a series link on USA HD (242) but my HR 20 is recording everything. I set it to first run. Does anyone know if DirectV and USA are working on this?

Also, slightly unrelated, does anyone know what happened to the original "Law and Order" series?

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    It is an issue on USA's side of things... nothing DirecTV can do about it.

USA submits the data to Tribune Media Services (TMS)
    They are not flagging the repeats properly, or with not enough information for the HR20/21 to determin that it is or isn't a first run... so it falls back to recording it.

We had a thread on it a few weeks ago, when it started to happen... with links and phone numbers to USA... but they still haven't done anything about it.

As for L&O: Original... I don't know

3. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Most likely a Guide Data issue. Best to contact USA Network.

The original "Law and Order" series is scheduled to return early next year. Not sure if that will be affected by the writer's strike, though.

4. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
  5. Steve Robertson

Steve Robertson Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2005
    I thought I read where the original would be back this Spring?

6. rcoleman111

rcoleman111 Guest

L&O is slated to return after NBC's Sunday Night Football ends for the season.

7. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    I thought Fred Thompson left L&O to put more time into the presidential bid.. didn't know he was still on the show.

Why did Milena Govich leave? She was also easy on the eyes..

8. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    Are you really saying that Fred was too? :eek2:

9. bwaldron

bwaldron Impossible Dreamer

Oct 24, 2005
    :lol:

10. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Fred Thompson is off of the show and has been released from his contract.

As for Milena Govich .. I got the impression that she was cut loose as all I have ever seen is that she "will not be back for the 18th season"

There will also be a change in the D.A.'s office as Jack McCoy becomes the new D.A. and there will be a new prosecutor.

11. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...

sorry for giving that impression... :lol:

(its called typing and hitting SUBMIT before one re-reads what he just typed)

12. HouseBowlrz

HouseBowlrz Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    This was discussed as a possibility ... after watching last night's Special Victims Unit episode, we now know it to be fact.

cheers

13. Earl Bonovich

Nov 15, 2005
    I have moved this thread to the TV Talk forum... as it is not an exclusive DirecTV topic

14. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    It just won't be the same without Jack McCoy prosecuting cases.

15. Sirshagg

Sirshagg Hall Of Fame

Dec 29, 2006
    Looks like USA might have "fixed" their guide data. Most of the episodes next week are not marked first run and many that I looked at had actual episode titles.

16. HouseBowlrz

HouseBowlrz Godfather

Jul 15, 2007
    Centreville, VA
    I agree ... nonetheless, I'm looking forward to the show's return.

cheers

17. legalrights

legalrights New Member

Aug 10, 2009
    NBC announced today that they have renewed both Law and Order and Law and Order CI however there will be a twist.

Law and Order will air on NBC (Most likely in it's same Friday 10:00PM timeslot) however Law and Order CI will air new episodes on the NBC owned USA Network with encoes on NBC Saturday.

This is the first time a network drama has aired new episodes on a cable network with encores the main network.

As of now we Canadians don't have access to USA Network, however we will still be able to watch Law and Order CI on NBC on Saturdays.

NBC's hit drama Law and Order SVU has already been renewed and will air on NBC's fall schedule.

There were talks that NBC would cancel either Law and Order or Law and Order CI or both due to production costs and low ratings. Law and Order alone has produced almost 400 episodes.

NBC announces their fall schedule on Monday, and stay with viewers.ca because as soon as it's announced (early morning) it will be posted! I believe that ChannelCanada.com and FallTVPreview.com will have full coverage as well.

Law and Order, Law and Order SVU, and Law and Order CI will all continue to air on CTV this fall

18. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    :welcome_s

Actually, USA just finished airing the season 8 L&O CI season finale (episode 16) Sunday with another really well-done episode. CTV is on episode 11 up there so you're access is not far behind us I thought.