1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Usability Questions

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by heiber, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heiber

heiber AllStar

Jan 3, 2007
    I've now had my receiver for about two weeks and am for the most part pleased, however I have a couple of questions:

1. I tried to setup the remote for RF control a couple of times, but it was unresponsive and I had to reset using the receiver. Is there any reason this did not work?

2. Is there a way to easily go to the recording options screen when watching a show? Sometimes when I come across a show in progress, I want to go to the recording options screen and see future showings or setup a season pass – like I can do with my Directivo.

3. Is there a way to see future shows that will not be recorded? With Tivo, I can go into the To Do and look at the recording history to see shows that will not record. This is especially useful to identify future conflicts that I may not be aware of and want to change.

Thanks.

2. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    1) Other then the RF setting not "taking" when you program the remote.... I would just try it again... one of my HR20's was stubborn

2) INFO (maybe twice to get the fulld details), hit the SELECT button, and it will take you to the full program details, which will have the record options. You can also hit R once to record THAT episode, or hit it TWICE to set it up as a SERIES LINK (Season Pass)... that will work for a live broadcast. That method will use your default settings

3) Conflicts will appear in the ToDo List and the History... Quick way to both: LIST; Yellow Button to the ToDo list... and then History is an option on the side menu.

3. Milominderbinder2

Milominderbinder2 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08

Oct 8, 2006
    Check out the Tips & Tricks & the HR20 FAQ links below for over 100 undocumented tips.

- Craig

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.