1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Use an older UHF remote with hopper/Joey?

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by Rhyno77, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Rhyno77

Rhyno77 New Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Probably a stupid question, but can is there any way to use a 32.0 (vip922) or 6.3 (vip622) remote with a Joey or do I just need to buy another 40.0 remote? One of my joeys is mirroring via composite to a tv on my patio.
    Thanks,
    Ryan

2. n0qcu

n0qcu Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Mar 23, 2002
    You should be able to link your 32.0 remote to the Joey. Some have been able to and some haven't. Your 6.3 will only work as an IR remote.

3. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    My 622 remote for TV1 happily controlled my Hopper until I turned off IR in the Hopper menus. I was going back and forth between the 622 and 813 for comparison and kept finding menus changed on the 813 when I got back to it. :)

4. Rhyno77

Rhyno77 New Member

Mar 19, 2012
    Thanks James and n0qco. I got my old 922 remote up and running from outside. Nice that it keeps separate configs for each. This is about the cleanest hardware upgrade I've ever experienced.:)
    Ryan

5. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    Did you try to restore settings from the 922 remote?