1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Used a *copy* of my rebate form..am I SOL?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by SCDishMan2006, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 7, 2006 #1 of 12
    SCDishMan2006

SCDishMan2006 AllStar

Feb 2, 2006
    So I recently bought an R10, downloaded the rebate form from DTV, printed it out, and mailed in a copy of my bill and the original receipt.

So today, in the mail comes an actual original copy of the rebate form, and it says "originals only, no copies accepted."

Is DTV going to bounce my rebate? Am I SOL? If they wanted originals only, why would they have the PDF available for download from their site?

Any input/experiences are welcome...TIA.

2. Feb 7, 2006 #2 of 12
    Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    You need to make a copy and use a copy of all DTV rebates as it can take 2-3 times to get it. I cannot see how you would be SOL on this one. Hope you kept a copy of the original receipt. If not, you really could be SOL.

3. Feb 7, 2006 #3 of 12
    carl6

carl6 Moderator DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I submitted using a form printed from the web, and the rebate was processed and mailed.

Carl

4. Feb 8, 2006 #4 of 12
    SCDishMan2006

SCDishMan2006 AllStar

Feb 2, 2006
    Thanks Carl...I appreciate the info! Hopefully I've jumped through enough hoops to get my bucks.

5. Feb 8, 2006 #5 of 12
    busboy789

busboy789 AllStar

Oct 25, 2003
    my rebate form was printed from the web also. rebate took about three weeks to make it back to me.

6. Feb 8, 2006 #6 of 12
    buckybrad

buckybrad New Member

Feb 8, 2006
    I used a copy, didn't get the rebate, but when I called Directv, they posted the 100 dollar rebate directly to my account. Done and done.... I did wait the until the rebate had been out for at least 2 months...

7. Feb 9, 2006 #7 of 12
    spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable Icon

Apr 23, 2002
    I activated my new R-15 today. Here's what the CS rep and customer retention rep told me -

1) The rebate form .pdf you print from directv.com is fine, even if it's in b&w.
    2) If you buy the receiver from an online retailer your email receipt counts as your original sales receipt.
    3) You can print a copy of your "recent transactions" screen from your Directv online account and mail that instead of having to wait for your next bill to arrive.

Will this work ? Will I get my rebate with no hassle or were the phone jockeys lying to me? Inquiring minds want to know.

I am making extra copies of everything and will send in all 3 of the above documents exactly as instructed. I'll report what happens in a couple of weeks

8. Feb 9, 2006 #8 of 12
    JLucPicard

JLucPicard Hall Of Fame

Apr 27, 2004
    I believe when I filed for my rebate, I pulled up my bill at DirecTv.com and printed it and used that to send for the rebate. No problems. I think everything you did should work just fine.

9. busboy789

busboy789 AllStar

Oct 25, 2003
    my rebate;
    printed pdf; check
    sales receipt; no! I listed a conformation number only and sent no email
    bill; I waited on a paper copy
    check received; check

10. Fl_Gulfer

Fl_Gulfer Legend

Apr 28, 2005
    I sent a form in in Sep. and finally got my 100 bucks Wed. after sending 2 forms.

11. pmayo2002

pmayo2002 AllStar

Mar 30, 2002
    Florida
    I used the pdf printed on a b/w laser, the MS word receipt from Value Electronics. the print screen of my on-line bill at the D website. $200 rebate received after 5 weeks. A week later after receiving the rebate check, received the "color" printed rebate form from D directly.:lol:

12. kay

kay AllStar

Nov 27, 2005
    I'd be careful on the whole rebate thing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.