1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Used H21

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by coltonjared, Dec 9, 2013.

1. coltonjared

coltonjared AllStar

Apr 25, 2005
    I just bought a H21 receiver for a roommate the other day on ebay. Called directv before buying it and they said it's was safe to buy the rid number was fine so I went and bought it. Today I called to get the access card order so we're not waiting around on it, they are know telling me it's a leased receiver that they didn't want back so I can't activate it and that I never called them to verify the rid number. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm so mad at the fact they called me a lier about verifying the rid number I'm ready to switch to dish network

2. iceturkee

iceturkee DINFOS Trained Killer DBSTalk Club

Apr 1, 2007
    daytona...
    when i call about an rid, they put that number on my account for 14 days so there are no problems.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    When you originally called, did you talk to a standard CSR or someone in the Access Card Department?

I'd take it up with the seller, and if needed file a dispute with eBay. I personally wouldn't buy one on eBay, even if the ACDT confirms it.

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Call back and only speak with the access card department. They are the only ones who can do this kind of thing.

5. coltonjared

coltonjared AllStar

Apr 25, 2005
    I talked to the access card department both times I called. The seller said he's going to refund my money so now I'm waiting on that

6. gov

gov Legend

Jan 11, 2013
    DirecTV apparently has 2 (or more) databases; one has everything you want to hear on it, and the other one reflects the real world.

:down:

7. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006

That is very unusual from The access card dept.