1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Used to see both HD and SD channels in the guide

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by philherz, Jul 29, 2013.

1. philherz

philherz Legend

May 3, 2008
    Maybe i missed something, but last week I noticed the guide had changed and now you can go directly to On Demand on the left side of the channel listings.

I used to list both SD & HD for certain channels so that i could record non-critical recordings in SD to save space. I don't show any SD channels in the guide now and they don't even show when I program my favorite channels. (Which is how I initially added them to the guide.)

How do I record SD channels now?

thnx

2. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    What receiver?

Try toggling the "Hide SD duplicates" button and then reboot.

3. fleckrj

fleckrj Icon

Sep 4, 2009
    Cary, NC
    You should not even have to reboot. Just go to Menu, Settings, Display, and select the option to show all channels (not "hide SD duplicates" or "hide HD duplicates"). The change will become effective in a few minutes regardless of whether you reboot.

4. philherz

philherz Legend

May 3, 2008
    That was it. Not sure what changed....I had a number of channels chosen for the option of SD and HD showing in the guide.

I don't think I changed anything and all of a sudden, the SD options were missing!

thnx