1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using a zinwell 6x8 with a AT-9

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by mdmcvay, Sep 23, 2008.

1. mdmcvay

mdmcvay AllStar

Aug 30, 2006
    Is it necessary to hook all 4 sat outputs into the multiswitch for it to work properly. I have an HR20 in my living room. I have an HR21 in my bedroom and I am wanting to add an old SD tivo into another bedroom. What I would like to do, if it's possible, is cut my 2 existing cables going into my bedroom in the attic and insert the multiswitch there and then drop 2 more from the switch to the other bedroom. So can I use 2 inputs to output 4. My dish is on the opposite end of the house and i have to go around the living room which has a vaulted ceiling which is a pain. Just trying to make this as easy as possible.

Thanks

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    You have to connect all 4 lines from the dish to the multi-switch.

3. mdmcvay

mdmcvay AllStar

Aug 30, 2006
    dadgummit

Thanks

4. carl6

carl6 Moderator Staff Member DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    You need all four coax to the multiswitch for HD and multi-satellite reception.

You only need 2 coax to the multiswitch if you only want to access the 101 satellite. That would probably work for your Tivo, but unfortunately it won't work for the HR series.

Carl