1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

using an external hard drive with ps3...

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by sticketfan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. sticketfan

sticketfan Legend

Apr 25, 2007
    Vermont
    i have an opening day ps3 60gb and now am running into a problem of no space on the hard drive. if i hook up a usb external hard drive what happens to the info on the built in hard drive? just wondering cuz with directv receivers everything goes to the external hard drive. thanks for any info..

2. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    its so easy to swap out the internal drive in your ps3, I highly recommend it. back up your current drive, install the new drive and do the restore, works fantastic. I just recently replaced my 80G with a 320G drive.

3. Starchild

Starchild Legend

Sep 4, 2007
    I too have an original PS3 80gb. Can anyone advise me with what hard drive to install? I am at a loss as to what brand etc. to use.

Thank you in advance.

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
  5. Starchild

Starchild Legend

Sep 4, 2007
    Thank you very much. All we could find was inconsistent opinions.