1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Hopper offline

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by joetekcor, Jan 16, 2013.

1. joetekcor

joetekcor New Member

Sep 23, 2011
    We are about to head out of town in our RV and we used to take our VIP622 with us just to watch all of the shows and movies we had recorded. Being trapped in a metal box in the middle of nowhere at night is the perfect time to catch up on all of our recordings. Even though we would get all of the initial errors that it couldn't find the signal we could still hit DVR and watch stuff.

We have recently upgraded to the Hopper/Joey system and, of course, we have a bunch of stuff recorded. Before I start disconnecting everything I wanted to ask if anyone has used their hopper offline to watch recorded shows?

Thanks.

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Yes, it works the same.

3. 722921

722921 Legend

Jan 3, 2008
    But can you also access your EHD?

4. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    That needs authorization, so I believe the EHD would not work. I've never moved or disconnected my sat signal to test it out. Maybe someone ho has can verify..

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    If you don't know - don't post. Why need to confuse OP ?

6. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Because I know authorization is required for the EHD but I'm not sure the period of time before it stops working. I could find dozens of posts you've made thar have no purpose or answer or that make no sense.

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    As for newbie here, I can tell you: EHD authorization is a history for 622+ devices.
    Read and learn before post.

8. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Are you saying an EHD connected to anything 622 and newer will continue to work without sat signal after a period of time? So if you no longer are a dish sub, you can continue to access ehd content from the 622? Or if no sat signal is connected for a while, you can still view ehd content?

9. joetekcor

joetekcor New Member

Sep 23, 2011
    Thanks for the replies. I hate being in other cities and being stuck with live OTA only and I don't travel enough to justify getting a portable dish.

Wifi at the RV parks is pretty hit or miss so I don't think the sling adapter would be of much use either.

I won't be taking the EHD with us on this trip. It's attached the Hopper that's staying home.

Thanks again.

10. jjlawyer

jjlawyer Cool Member

Dec 7, 2004
    I tried using the hopper in a second home and it did not work - the unit did not like being on with no satellite connection. This was a while ago (when the hopper was first released) and maybe a newer firmware will work. Also it did not see the EHD. My 922 worked in the same situation but also did not see the EHD