1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Using the H24 receiver and Winegard Carryout MP1 portable satellite

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by Buddy Bass, Jun 21, 2014.

1. Buddy Bass

Buddy Bass New Member

Jun 21, 2014
    callahan fl
    Hello Looking for help, been reading some of the posting trying to find an answer without having to ask ,I Have a New 2H Receiver I want to use in my camper ,But Can't seem to get it to work with a new Winegard MP1 using just the coax from the LNB To The Rec , So I hooked it up to an older 3 LNB 18 X 20 muilt satellite Dish I had laying around and came up with the same problem "No Signal To receiver" ,I'll only be using the one Rec and one cable coming from the MP1 while Camping , I notice that the MP1 has 2 F-fittings with a 75 ohm terminator on one of them. But only came with the one 50ft cable I only plan on using the one Rec, I'm wondering if I'm not getting any signal because I don't have the line power supply ,between rec and ant or am I missing one of the other devices I have been reading about on here. In The olden days all the Rec powered the LNB , one other thing I went into the setting and found and change it to the 3 LNB 18 X 20 dish was one of the choices but changing the switch setting was only multiswitch or SWM !!!! any suggestions

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    in order for the change over from SWM to "legacy" system, you need a working (aligned) dish otherwise the settings wont take. So you will need to align the dish first and once you have a signal you can proceed with changing the receivers settings

3. BobStokesbary

BobStokesbary Legend

Oct 24, 2010
    Since the Wineguard MP1 is not SWM you probably need a B-Band Converter (BBC) to make things work. (Even Camping World has these for sale.)

And when you make your dish selection just use the 18" single LNB selection.

4. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Or you can reset everything... That should let you set the dish type.

5. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    The “the problem” is not setting the dish type, you can change it (the receiver will let you change it, as long as there is no SWM connected) the problem would be getting those new settings to take, which they wont unless the receiver gets pass the checking your installation screen.