1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Utilize multiple AV outputs

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Stunod7, Mar 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stunod7

Stunod7 Cool Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Off the top of my head, don't know exactly which receiver I have at home but I'm working with a new HD non-DVR box. I'm going HDMI into my TV. Has anyone ever tried utilizing any of the other outputs simultaneously to a different TV/device?

I have a TV tuner in my PC that i've been using to stream my Comcast and now that I don't have Comcast legally anymore (and won't have it at all past Feb 09 {QAM might still work...})

I guess I'm kind of slingboxing it... But ghetto style. A ghettobox.

2. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Out of two HD DVRs, I run component to TV1, HDMI to TV2,
    with composite transmitted wirelessly to TV3, TV4 and TV5.

3. JFHughes08088

JFHughes08088 Godfather

Mar 24, 2007
    All outputs work independently. You can do HDMI to a TV, optical audio to HT, Component to DVD, etc and they all work simultaneously.

4. Stunod7

Stunod7 Cool Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Fricking awesome. Thanks for the responses! I know what I'm doing tonight.

5. jtcrusader

jtcrusader Legend

Jun 13, 2007
    Please explain what you mean about "composite transmitted wirelessly to TV3, TV4, and TV5." That sounds intriguing.

6. Stunod7

Stunod7 Cool Member

Feb 17, 2008
    I was thinking about that all night... I'd love to know what you are using to transport the signal wirelessly.

7. smiddy

smiddy Tain't ogre til its ogre

Apr 5, 2006
    Hi, what is this thing you call ghetto?

I use HDMI to one AVR, then Component Video and Optical Audio to another AVR, then I use Composite and Stereo to a multizone amp. Checkout my setup...it works flawlessly. Before I had the DVRs where I do now I had H20-600s. Fun for everyone!

8. Stunod7

Stunod7 Cool Member

Feb 17, 2008

My "ghetto" is the way I go about streaming video. Myself and a few friends at work are big Chicago Cubs fans and I usually do the honors of bringing in the video and audio feeds for everyone to watch. In the past I would just rip the stream right off comcast's coax and use either VLC or Shoutcast to stream it to work. It's kinda like slingbox but a lot more manual, but also free.

I figured I'd try and get a HD(ish) feed off my DTV receiver. I won't be able to stream full HD quality since i'm uploading over my DSL to work, but i'd at least be able to get the widescreen feed in a decent quality.

9. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    There are a number of wireless devices that will send composite or S-video to other locations. Some (most?) will send stereo as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.