1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UTV ???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by EBris, Jul 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EBris

EBris New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    Hello,

I am new to the forum so I have a question concerning UTV.
    Currently I am a E* customer but considering jumping to D*. If I purchase 2 UTV units will I have to pay 9.95 for each unit or 9.95 for one unit and a 4.99 mirroring fee for the other. I like E* but there PVR 721 is toooo expensive. How do you guys like the UTV??

Thanks

2. Neil Derryberry

Neil Derryberry Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    I love mine. The price of the 721 is what finally shook me loose from E*, since I got 2 UTV units for free after rebate.

2 options for the UTV's:

$9.95 + $4.95 for both(UTV fee), using MSN as your isp (3 free hours per reciever a month for internet access), or

$9.95 + $4.95 for both(UTV fee), plus $4.95 add'l per reciever to use your own ISP.

Internet on UTV works, but you may not be happy with it, especially if you have broadband at home. Once they allow us UTV'ers to use a USB ethernet port to access the internet, it will be a great device to occasionally access email, etc. from your favorite couch.

Both RCA and Sony make UTV's, but the Sony comes with a wireless keyboard... nice for searching.

Welcome to DBSTalk!

3. Neil Derryberry

Mar 23, 2002
    FYI, orbitsat.com has a RCA UTV/RCA standard deal going for $119.95... You get 1 RCA UTV, 1 RCA standard system, 18"dish and multiswitch. http://WWW.ORBITSAT.COM

4. Karl Foster

Karl Foster Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    They also have a deal for one RCA UTV and the dish for 0.00 if you are a new customer. You could then buy a Hughes GAEBO receiver for $49.95 and a multi-switch for about $30.

BTW I bought a keyboard off EBay for $17.

The UTV fee covers all UTVs on the same account.

I really like my two RCA UTV receivers. Both have worked flawlessly. I upgraded one of mine to 120GB and will now hold 105 hours.

5. jasonf

jasonf Guest

UTV is awesome! Its just like a DP but way better, you really can't go wrong. I've never had one problem in 5 months.

It just proves that all the software issues of the DP were Dish's fault, while DTV and MS have clearly made a very stable product. To bad Dish didn't step up to the plate, otherwise I'd be with them still.

6. Neil Derryberry

Mar 23, 2002
    I'm not sure it proves that, I just think that E* ended up being the beta customer, IMO.

7. Edmund

Edmund Guest

If you can fnd one, RS has the
    RCA UTV for $79.And if your
    already a subscriber, they need
    proof, to let you off the hook
    for anymore fees.

8. EBris

EBris New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    Thanks for all the info. I have one more question. PQ has become an issue with E*. You guys that have had E* know what I mean. Is D* better? I know that it is PQ is subjective but just trying to get idea??

9. Neil Derryberry

Mar 23, 2002
    Perceptions being what they are, I believe that PQ on D* is a measure better than on E*. YMMV, though...

10. HarryD

HarryD Icon

Mar 24, 2002
    Lehigh...
    That's an individual call. Go to a dealer (CC, BB, or RS) and see for yourself. Many have argued over which provider has better PQ.
    When I switched to D* in March, I thought the D* PQ was better but, again, that's me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.