1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vacation Stop But Still have programing

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by mrpoptop, Jan 31, 2010.

1. mrpoptop

mrpoptop Cool Member

Feb 10, 2007
    So I put a vacation stop on my account for a few months seeing that I will be out of town for a while. I stopped it 3 weeks ago, just got back for a short time til I leave again and I still have my full service. I got my new billing and it shows no service and a credit.
    Should I just leave it as is or should I call and tell them that it is still on

2. billsharpe

billsharpe Hall Of Fame

Jan 25, 2007
    Southern...
    I suppose if you're really out of town for about 88 of the 90 days in your vacation stop it would be ok to just ignore the fact that they didn't turn off the service.

On the other hand, if you are planning to schedule a bunch of recordings while you are gone the ethical thing would be to let DirecTV know about their screwup.

Essentially your call...

3. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    When I have placed a "Hold" on my service, they have always done the same thing you have described. And they have always given my account the "credit" for the suspended service. Why would you chance fate by calling and inquiring about it?