1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

"Valued Customer" free HD-DVR upgrade and Protection Plan Equipment Upgrade Offer

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by Raimar, Aug 17, 2013.

1. Raimar

Raimar New Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Hi,

My account page has been showing the "valued customer" free HD-DVR offer for a couple of months. Starting mid september I am also eligible for the 2 year Protection Plan Equipment Upgrade Offer. Are these two offers one and the same or I am entitled to two different new equipment upgrade offers (once september comes around).

A week ago I spoke with a representative due to a problem with my satellite (water got on the cable lines and had to be replaced). And she seemed to think they were different offers.

Today I was ready to do the Valued Customer upgrade and spoke with a representative who told me they were the same offer, but that usually they will give you the protection plan upgrade up to 3 months before you become "officially" eligible for the 2-year Protection Plan Equipment Upgrade. So I am not sure who to believe.

Currently I have an H23, H25, HR24 and HR34. I would like the upgrade the H23 to an HR24 through the valued customer upgrade (need to keep component for the slingbox setup at that location). And come september, when "the 2 year protection plan equipment upgrade offer" becomes available, I would like to upgrade the HR34 to an HR44 (will they let you upgrade from one genie to another genie?). Optionally I would have liked to replace the h25 for a C31 Wireless but they are not available in my area yet.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    There is no way to upgrade from a HR34 to an HR44 currently

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

3. Supramom2000

Supramom2000 In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

Jun 20, 2007
    Colbert, WA
    The C31's are awful. You want a C41. I don't believe there is a public wireless version. And Peds is right, you cannot "upgrade" a Genie. That is the upgrade.

I don't know the answer regarding 2 upgrades or not, but you can always call back and play CSR roulette until you get the answer you want/

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    There is a "public" version but only on certain test markets.

5. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    Same goes for replacing the H23 with a HR24 specifically. You can't do that through DirecTV. You can go to an HR, but no guarantee it'll be a 24.

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

6. Raimar

Raimar New Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Thanks for all the information. I guess I will get the free HD-DVR upgrade and take my chances with receiving an hr24 to replace the h23.