1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Verizon FiOS Mobile on Android and iOS can now stream live TV from anywhere

Discussion in 'Cable TV Discussion' started by Athlon646464, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Verizon FiOS Mobile on Android and iOS can now stream live TV from anywhere

The shackles have been officially removed. If you're using FiOS Mobile on Android or iOS, then you're aware the app's live TV streaming feature has only worked while being connected to one's own home network.

Beginning today, though, Verizon will allow FiOS TV subscribers to view real-time content even when away from their humble abode, via the FiOS Mobile Android and iOS applications.

The number of networks supported is pretty short, with only nine being onboard at the moment -- this includes the Travel Channel, BBC America, BBC World News, EPIX, HGTV, DIY, Tennis Channel and, on the iPad, the NFL Network. But, as they say, you've got to start somewhere, and chances are this channel lineup will become more robust in the weeks ahead.

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    Love this feature just wish they would add more channels

Sent from my SCH-I545 using DBSTalk mobile app

3. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    Fox Sports 1 would be nice to watch anywhere

4. hallrk

hallrk Legend

Apr 15, 2010
    I tried to watching via this app away from my home and can only get about nine channels as opposed to well over 50 when I am at home. Do you have to be near your own home router to be able to view all of the channels available or do you have to link up some other way? I am using a Kindle Fire maybe it's limited away from my home router?

5. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    Only select channels for now. Nfl network is available on tablet away from home as well.

6. hallrk

hallrk Legend

Apr 15, 2010
    Thanks. I found out later that it only supports up to 9 channels away from your home. It's nice to have at home but kinda useless on the road unless you really like one of those 9 channels. Maybe someday it will be expanded to every available channel.

7. dtv757

dtv757 Icon

Jun 3, 2006
    757 & 718
    More channels have been added . I saw nfl red zone the other day away from home