1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Very old DTV Tivo- where can I find unit order and dates?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV DVR with TiVo Discussion' started by nellywalker, Apr 19, 2013.

1. nellywalker

nellywalker New Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Florida
    I have owned by DTV Tivo for a long time... it is the second generation.

I would like to own my box and a friend has offered me his... but I cannot find the unit order and dates of manufacture anywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction.

I have a HD dish and HD TV and think I should also just bite the bullet and upgrade.

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    You're looking for the Receiver ID. This is the number DIRECTV can use to verify ownership status. Most THR22s are leased so be sure you get their "final answer".

I highly recommend you do a forum search of THR22 and diligently familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of the TiVo-powered HR22.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    Connect the STB to TV, get from menu-settings-test the reciever number and call CSR, ask to check it for balance, availability to subscribe, etc