1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Veteran broadcaster David Frost dies

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by fluffybear, Sep 1, 2013.

1. fluffybear

fluffybear Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jun 19, 2004
    Peachtree...
    From Fox News:

2. BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt

Nov 3, 2006
    I never missed his show TW3. May he rest in peace.

3. MysteryMan

MysteryMan DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    Always enjoyed his interviews......R.I.P. David.

4. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I just saw him interviewing someone on Al Jazerra two days ago. How many David Frost fans here watched him on Al Jazerra?

5. AntAltMike

AntAltMike Hall Of Fame

Nov 20, 2004
    College...
    I still remember Frost being interviewed on 60 Minutes when he gave a heretofore (thentofore?) unknown product called "Weed Eater" its grand introduction to a national audience while being peppered by Mike Wallace regarding the commercial sponsorship of his interview series with former President Richard Nixon:

From the book Frost/Nixon, authored by David Frost:

One advertiser's letter seemed to have two distinct authors. "While we agree with you about the outstanding historic nature of these broadcasts, I'm sure you can see it would be dangerous for us to be associated with an enterprise like that"

No sole sponsors then.

It was Datsun who made the first verbal commitment for four, thirty-second spots. The first signed agreement came on January 7th from Weed Eater in Houston. It obtained its reward on 60 Minutes four months later when it became a subject of national debate on that outstanding news magazine.

"Weed Eater" said Mike Wallace. "I don't even know what Weed Eater is. but they have bought one spot, two spots?" I was not, I confess, totally equipped to answer him.

Frost: "Weed Eater is a product that you're going to come to know and love and understand, but first I hope that I come to understand it. Let's be clear about this. We're seeking advertisers who realize it is history, but it is controversial history. So we are asking advertisers with courage, and these people have courage, but we are..."

Wallace: "Weed Eater has courage?"

Frost: "Weed Eater has courage."