1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viacom Pulls Streams of "The Daily Show" and Others Offline Following DirecTV Spat

Discussion in 'IPTV Hardware' started by Athlon646464, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Viacom Pulls Streams of "The Daily Show" and Others Offline Following DirecTV Spat

Excerpt:

"Bruhahas between satellite television providers and studio networks rarely deserve a mention in the hallowed e-pages of Maximum PC, but the spat between Viacom and DirecTV recently took a turn for the worse that may interest dedicated cord cutters. Viacom's demand for a $1 billion increase in its contract with DirecTV prompted the satellite company to instead yank Viacom's stations from the air -- Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, MTV, BET, more, all gone. In response, Viacom yanked any full, streaming episodes from its properties' various websites. Wait, what?"

Full Story Here

[​IMG]

2. MysteryMan

MysteryMan Well-Known Member DBSTalk Club

May 17, 2010
    USA
    They get my nomination for brain fart of the year.

3. oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw HarpoonIPA

Jan 25, 2007
    Halifax, MA
    There both turning this into a major battle, I just can't believe they pulled there internet feeds

4. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Pulling the feed for everyone, D* sub or not, reminds me of high school. They took their ball and went home.........

5. Fluthy

Fluthy Legend

Feb 8, 2008
    The Daily Show is back online... I watch Tuesday nights episode on thedailyshow.com last night via my Google TV.

6. Athlon646464

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Yup - looks like they blinked first. They are losing about $14 million a week while dark on D*. I've read reports where they have increased the number of advertising minutes while watching online.