1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Cables Through AV Receiver?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by 4yanx, Jan 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4yanx

4yanx Legend

Jan 17, 2008
    I have an Arcam AVR350 AV receiver and presently run only my audio through it via high quality interconnects. I run my H20 and DVD video outputs directly to the TV via HDMI and Component cable, respectively. I will be installing an HR21 in a couple of weeks. Since the AVR350 has two HDMI inputs and one output, I could route the satellite receiver and DVD player into the Arcam and then route the output from the Arcam to the TV and allow the Arcam to do video switching. Has anyone tried and prefer this type of connection, or is it generally always best to run directly to the TV (provide sufficient inputs, of course)? Input regarding your experiences welcomed.

2. wildbill129

wildbill129 Godfather

Dec 22, 2006
    It depends on your receivers ability to pass the signals. Most are fine. I use an HDMI switch by Oppo, because my Yamaha receiver only does component video switching.........it works great.......try it and see.......I am sure it will be fine....

3. Carbon

Carbon Godfather

Sep 22, 2006
    Just check the specs on your Arcam and make sure that it will pass 1080i and you will be all set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.