1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video/ Distorted Picture

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by powerplay13, May 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. powerplay13

powerplay13 New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    Hi,
    I have a new Pioneer plasma connected to a new 622 via HDMI, since Sunday. I notice often times ( at least several times daily) digital distortion while watching an ABC HD broadcast.
    The picture looks like when the signal is partially lost due to rain fade. When this hapened, I switched to the ABC non HD bradcast which was fine, but HD was still a problem. Eventually it went away. Is this a problem with my 622 or my plasma?
    I'm not sure how to analyze this.

Your comments would be most appreciated.
    Thanks............

2. Mr.72

Mr.72 Icon

Feb 2, 2007
    i presume this is OTA? or is it a sat channel? if it's OTA then it's probably an antenna issue.

3. powerplay13

powerplay13 New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    All thru the satellite box

4. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    OTA is also thru the 622 (satellite box) but the signal comes in from your antenna not from a satellite.

5. powerplay13

powerplay13 New Member

Apr 6, 2007
    I don't use an antenna. I get the local channels thru Dish......................

6. lujan

lujan Hall Of Fame

Feb 10, 2004
    I'm thinking that it's not the 622 or the plasma. I think it's a digital broadcast problem. I found a lot of distortion last night when I watched "Heroes" on the satellite NBC digital station.

7. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    Being in New Jersey, I'll bet his HD locals are on 61.5, so it's probably not signal related, but there might be an uplink problem.

I'd report it to dishquality@echostar.com and see what they say.

8. debpasc

debpasc Legend

Oct 20, 2005
    ABC HD seems to be rife with the green blocking and other types of distortion nationwide. I get it but not nearly as often or as bad as it used to be -- Boston Legal, Desperate Housewives and Dancing With the Stars are some of the times I see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.