1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video frame stepping

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by Sundance, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Sundance

Sundance AllStar

Mar 6, 2004
    This is going to be a hard one to explain. I have noticed this since 211L and don't remember it before that. I don't consider this The jitter bug as the jitter bug to me is more like weak sync and the jitter is vertical.

This is when there is fast action (but not all that fast) on the screen. The image seems to step frame by frame. As if the video goes from 30 fps to 20 fps. Slow movements do not exhibit this only fast to moderately fast.

I tried a cold reboot (unplugged the 921) and for about a week it was OK but it's back now.

Does anyone understand what I am explaing and if they do is this a know bug? If it is not a known bug does anyone else see this ...assuming I have explained it so you know what the heck I'm saying.

Thanks

Steve

P.S. I forgot to add, I see the same effect on live Sat. and recorded sat. as well as the OTA locals (along with the jitter so things are flying every which way)

2. sjm992

sjm992 AllStar

Jan 14, 2004
    I saw this problem for the first time last week while watching a recorded movie. After watching the movie I changed to live TV for an hour and there was no problem. I then checked the recorded movie again and again there was no problem and I haven't seen it since.
    Stuart

3. Sundance

Sundance AllStar

Mar 6, 2004
    smj992,

Maybe it's the area we live in, I'm in the E Bay.

4. TVBob

TVBob Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 19, 2003
    But this is the jitter bug. It applies to both horizontal and vertical movement.

With video playing, try slowly cycling through all the zoom modes with the FORMAT button (the * button). When you get to "gray bars", wait for the gray bars to draw completely. Then finally cycle back to normal. This should fix the jitter. If not, repeat the above with the video paused.

This cured it for me (and a few others). Good luck.

5. guruka

guruka Troublemaker/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 27, 2003
    You're seeing the same thing described in the "video jitter" threads. I followed a hint in another thread and tried cycling through the formats using the # button on the remote and it cleared (temporarily) - no reboot needed. Now I can get rid of the jitters even when another program is recording. This is defintely a software issue with the L211 software.

.....G