1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Video Noise on Golf Channel

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by tjdean, Nov 14, 2010.

1. tjdean

tjdean New Member

Mar 31, 2004
    I've noticed for the past week or so on Golf Channel HD 218 video noise which can be seen clearly against a dark background. It's in the form of white sparkles. First saw it when watching the Singapore tournament last week and thought it was that satellite feed but now I see it on all programming. Don't know if its coming from golf channel uplink or Directv. You can also hear audio noise if you have a good home theater setup. Anybody else noticed this?

2. Richierich

Richierich Hall Of Fame

Jan 10, 2008
    Nope I am watching mine now and I watch it every day and I do not see anything but a Prestine Golf Channel.

Have you checked your cables? I had something similar happen a couple of years ago and my coax cable was coming loose and had to be recrimped.

3. gpsjunkie

gpsjunkie New Member

Sep 13, 2009
    Arizona
    Can't say I've seen the video noise, but the audio "crackling" is quite clear.

4. wilbur_the_goose

wilbur_the_goose Hall Of Fame

Aug 16, 2006
    I've seen it and heard it. Comcast strikes again.

5. tjdean

tjdean New Member

Mar 31, 2004
    I don't think its the cabling since I'm only seeing this on the golf channel & not on any other of the 200+ channels I get. I'm using HDMI cables.