1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Viewing HR21 recordings on HR44???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by needsleepido, Jun 22, 2013.

1. needsleepido

needsleepido New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    I just got the HR44 installed today. It is connected to my HR21 which I already had and have recordings stored on. I pulled up the HR44 playlist and the HR21 recordings are there. I played one of the HD recordings and it played well for about one minute then the video became erratic with no audio. If I pause it for 10 or so seconds it will start playing again for less than a minute and then become erratic with no audio.

I did a test recording the NASCAR race on ESPN with the HR44 and then play it on the HR21. It did this with no problem.

When I ordered the HR44 earlier in the week the CSR said that I would be able to watch HR44 recordings on the HR21 but not HR21 recordings on the HR44. This is kinda what I'm seeing. But the installer said that I should be able to watch both playlists on either box. So what is the real story? Is this the way it is or is something wrong? Many thanks guys.....

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yes, you should be able to watch any playlist on either HDDVR. Have you tried doing a system "wide" reset?

also tells us about your set up

3. needsleepido

needsleepido New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    All I have is an HR44 and an HR21 (upgraded from a HR21 & H20). The installer added a new LNB to the dish and I now have a SWiM. He did have to add a longer run of coax to the ground at my electric box and back (the previous DirecTV installers in the past 10 years of my being a customer never grounded the system).

I'll reset both boxes tonight before bedtime. Is there a certain order that this needs to be done?

4. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    I would unplug all the receivers and the power supply for the lnb, wait ten mins, plug in the power supply for the lnb, wait another five minutes, then plug both boxes back in. If that doesn't work report back, and we can see if we can give you some more troubleshooting tips. All hrs will play back to all other hrs. Been doing it with my genies and hr2xs for ages now.

One other question though, do you have an am21 and are these over the air recordings off the am21?

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Be absolutely certain to keep after DIRECTV to make this right as you should have a 30 day window.

The CSR was fibbing about the HR21 -> HR44 not being available.