1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

violet and yellow lines on cbs hd

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by natureboy, Oct 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. natureboy

natureboy Cool Member

Aug 9, 2009
    Have had hd for 3 months Our cbshd affiliate has yellow and violet shadows pixels. What would cause this?

2. TBlazer07

TBlazer07 Grumpy Grampy

Feb 5, 2009
    Sounds prettier then the green slime I get on ABC NY HD. :)

3. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    I think a lot of local TV stations still haven't figured out how to optimize/adjust their new digital transmitters....

CBS shows on my local affiliate have an annoying green tinge to them. It looks like everyone is sick as their face looks greenish. This occurs watching OTA in HD or in SD through DirecTV. (I haven't upgraded to DirecTV HD yet) This does not occur on the ABC, NBC, or FOX local station.

Such issues are much more obvious on a large screen HDTV but after closely examining the same channel on my 13" TV in the kitchen (hooked up to an R15) that green tinge is there too.

4. natureboy

natureboy Cool Member

Aug 9, 2009
    The funny thing is it just happens on the national programming fromcbs the florida game today and there primetime lineup every night. The engineer at the staion told me I should get a tech to come and check my setup but it is the only channel I have a problem with.