1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

VIP 211 Problem

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by eriksat1, Oct 8, 2013.

1. eriksat1

eriksat1 Cool Member

Apr 12, 2012
    VIP 211 Yesterday I was watching tv when the screen froze up. Now I did a hard reset unplugged power, and I get nothing, tv says no input signal, the remote won't turn the receiver on or off can't bring up menu screen, The receiver appears to power up, is the receiver shot? I was using the hdmi output. But funny the remote won't do anything all of a sudden.

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Try using a different output of the receiver. If you hook it up composite or component and it works, you can start checking your HDMI setup.

If you have some manner of intermediate equipment like a switch or AVR, bypass it and see if things don't improve.

Note also that remotes with dead batteries are surprisingly ineffective at controlling their associated devices.

3. eriksat1

eriksat1 Cool Member

Apr 12, 2012
    Remote batterys are good. Now the thing won't power up at all. I guess time for a new receiver. p.o.s. didn't last 2 years.

4. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=12pt] eriksat11,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]I can understand how this can be frustrating and I am happy to help you. Have you been able to get the receiver menus on the screen? If so, please press the buttons of; Menu/6/1/1 and select Check Switch and then test. If not, please PM me with the phone number on the account to better help you.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Thanks[/SIZE]

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    When the receiver "won't power up at all", it is safe to assume that there will be no checking of switches.

6. foghorn2

foghorn2 AllStar

Jun 17, 2006
    'its dead Jim"

1 person likes this.