1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIP 211z and 1000.2 Dish install in RV

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by rogerracer, May 31, 2013.

1. rogerracer

rogerracer New Member

May 31, 2013
    Olympic...
    Here's the scenario; I have a Dish 1000.2 due to arrive any day. It will be used on a tripod for reception in my RV. I also have coming 2 VIP 211z converter boxes.

The RV has one "Satellite in" connector. The question is this; can I run one cable from the dish to the RV port and once the signal is in the coach, split it to run to the two 211s? If so does anyone know the part # of the splitter? Running a second cable through the walls and tunnels looks like a major pain.

Thanks you in advance for your help. The level of expertise I've seen on this forum is amazing!

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    You cannot run a satellite cable through a splitter, it MUST be a switch, and a switch compatible with the system installed.

Run one cable from the dish to each receiver, I don't believe there is a way around that even with a switch.

That's the way Dish satellite service is designed.

3. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    if you want no pain, stick with ONE ViP211; other case - just run second able from the dish to second ViP211

NO SPLITTERS in sat feeds !!!

4. pete_5959

pete_5959 Cool Member

Jun 10, 2012
    Roger,
    I have the same setup as you will be receiving. My RV has two inputs, one for SAT and one for ANT. I feed both receivers through those inputs. If your RV has the same setup for inputs that is the easiest way. If it does not then you would be better off getting a dual tuner reciever (222) that way you have the flexibility of two receivers but just require a single input albiet one tv will be standard definition.

Pete in NC