1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

VIP 211Z RV Hookup

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by huck.hickson, Jul 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. huck.hickson

huck.hickson New Member

Jul 19, 2014
    West...
    I am going to connect my Winegard Anser Antenna to the cable port on my RV whicth provides a cable connection to the vip 211Z. Since the 211Z only has a HDMI port out, can I run the HDMI to my DVD Player and use the Cable out from the DVD Player to the TV?

2. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    That depends on what your DVD player is capable of. What brand and model would be nice information.

3. BeckiB@Dish Network

BeckiB@Dish Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    The 211z has a RCA connection on the back as well, if you can use that to connect to your TV. Most DVD players, unless it is a Blue Ray, do not have HDMI connections on the back. You can connect the DVD player in between the receiver and the TV. Depending on the cables coming from the DVD player, you may need to have the TV on a video input. You will also want to make sure that your DVD player has an input and output for the cables.

4. huck.hickson

huck.hickson New Member

Jul 19, 2014
    West...
    Thanks, guess now I need to go shopping. I have an old VCR player that has two cable ports (input and output) and I think it may have the composite ports I can use. just love kludging things together, don't you?

5. NYDutch

NYDutch Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Upstate NY
    For about $20 at Walmart, you can buy an RCA or GE composite video/audio converter that outputs a channel 3 or 4 signal to a coax port.

6. huck.hickson

huck.hickson New Member

Jul 19, 2014
    West...
    Thanks. First thing I need to do is take my old VCR out and connect to outside jack to see which tv plays.