1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vip 222k resetting

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by stevesxm, Dec 10, 2016.

1. stevesxm

stevesxm New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    good morning,
    I am a well experienced dishnet tech. recently had a 222k start resetting continuously i.e. start up screen for 5 sec, signal screen for 5 sec , black screen for 5 mins then start up screen again and repeats forever. did all the usual stuff and no success. it sounds like a power supply problem on the main board to me but , because these boxes are so cheap , I have never tried to fix one but am thinking about trying on this one. anyone have any idea what this problem might be specifically ? there are no cables hooked up except the video to the tv so its not a shorted cable anywhere.

2. EdJ

EdJ Legend

Jan 9, 2007
    I also have the VIP 222K receiver. I have a similar problem that I have not been able to isolate to the TV or DISH receiver. If I turn off the TV, and a bit later turn it back on, the screen will repeatedly blank off and on the with the same DISH HD channel as was on when I initially turned off the TV. If I turn off the TV (LG HD) for about 30 seconds and then turn back on, it usually will still fail. After repeating the TV off and back on about 2-3 times, it will work great. So far, it has been a relatively infrequent failure. Not enough bother to go to the trouble of moving another TV onto the DISH receiver to see if it still fails.

3. stevesxm

stevesxm New Member

Dec 10, 2016
    my tv works fine with any other box and box repeats the issue regardless of which tv. so in my case its not tv related at all