1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ViP 612 dvr as a stand alone player

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by oldavman, Sep 27, 2011.

1. oldavman

oldavman Mentor

Nov 2, 2003
    Can I unplug the ViP 612 dvr from my dish and use it as as a stand alone player? I want to take my DVR on vacation and play back movies on the TV in my RV.

2. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    Yes, I think. I know you can watch recorded programs if the satellite dish has no signal, just not 100% sure if it will with it not being hooked up to the dish at all.

Seems to me easy enough to try, unplug the connection to the dish, and try it. You may have to get past the no signal screen, possibly by hitting the menu button and getting to the DVR that way.

3. Jacob Braun

Jacob Braun King of Awesome

Oct 5, 2011
    Tulsa, OK
    Yes, that's a nice thing about the DVRs, you can still play back your recordings when you don't have signal or if you take them somewhere.

If you do take your 612 with you, I highly recommend not having it plugged in while in motion. The hard drive a DVR is not made for that. Archive your recordings.