1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIP 622 Single Tuner Out

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by swissy, Jan 18, 2013.

1. swissy

swissy AllStar

Oct 26, 2007
    Tuner 1 doesn't like the signal from the dish. Signal screen shows below 25 and it can't find the sat name. Tuner 2 is just fine. Not so bad because we usually use one tuner at a time, but if it is recording we can't watch anything except recorded content.

Tried unplugging and all that stuff. Checked connections and they are all good.

Any thoughts? I think the box is bad, but I'm open to suggestions.

2. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Try switching the lines between tuner 1/2. Does the problem stay on the tuner or follow the cable?

3. swissy

swissy AllStar

Oct 26, 2007
    My line form the outside is a single line and splits just behind the receiver. I'll try, but it's hard to think the 6 inch piece of cable has gone bad.

Could be the combiner/splitter or whatever it's called so I'll try. Not sure Why I didn't think of that.

4. some guy

some guy Godfather

Oct 26, 2012
    Yeah the separator can go bad and cause these symptoms. I would bet that's the issue.

5. swissy

swissy AllStar

Oct 26, 2007
    Can't really "flip" the cables in this situation because of the 1 line from outside. Input 1 carries the power. However, I eliminated everything and went straight from the dish to tuner 1 and results were the same. Tuner 1 seems to be bunk. Maybe after 7 years it just doesn't want to work anymore.

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    or the F-connector, soldered to 622's main PCB become loose - sometimes central contact is developing micro-crack and in years does lost connection

7. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Assuming you did a check switch when you made the transitions, you're probably right about the tuner being dead. You'll want to watch or archive everything on it in preparation for returning it.

8. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    W.Mdtrn Sea
    I would say malfunctioning, not dead as per OP

9. swissy

swissy AllStar

Oct 26, 2007
    Replacement receiver fixed the issue.

Thank you Ray C!