1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vip 722 l6.22 intermitten picture guide/dvr ok

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by CWG, Sep 22, 2009.

1. CWG

CWG New Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I have a VIP 722 (L6.22) HD DVR/Panasonic TH-42PX75U/ONKYO HT-SR800 HDMI/fiber audio. The first year and a half, no problems. In the last six months, I am now on my third VIP 722.

The problem is after an extended shut off of the 722 it loses picture when turned back on. I still get the program guide and the DVR menu but no picture. When the 722 is off and the TV/Receiver are on, I get the DISH screen saver – helpful hints.

The only fix is to reboot the 722 by holding down the power button for 5 seconds. DISH’s solution is to send a new 722. Am I alone here?

Thanks
    First time poster
    cwg

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Try pressing Menu twice which brings up the System Info screen. Cancel out and see if you get the video back.

3. CWG

CWG New Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I tried menu menu cancel and menu menu done with the same result no picture. Any other suggestions? Thanks for the reply.

cwg

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    If you have done both
    1. a check switch (menu, 6, 1, 1, check switch), and if that doesn't solve your problem or tell you that there are satellite reception problems
    2. a hard reboot (unplug, wait 20 seconds, plug it back in, let it do its thing which takes awhile)
    and if that doesn't solve your problem, there are other problems the tech support people should be checking. But start there.

By the way:welcome_s

And if you don't mind telling us, where are your local stations coming from?

5. CWG

CWG New Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Thanks for the reply. I tried a hard reboot and check satellite both returned with normal picture but alias I still have the same problem, no picture after an extended shutoff. I am going to get on the phone with DISH. Does DISH have different levels of tech support? Is there a way to talk to a DISH Guru?

I am north of LA but my local channels are from LA, CA. Satellites 119, 110, 129.

cwg

6. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    They do have supervisory personnel. I've found with tech support generally they seem to know what they're doing, but not always.

Because this has happened with three 722's, it sounds like some kind of intermittent problem somewhere beyond the box perhaps at the dish. I am beyond my expertise at this point, so perhaps someone more knowledgeable will chime in here. But it sounds to me like you need a trouble-shooting field tech out there.