1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIP 722 NO signal issue

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Conway, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Conway

Conway Legend

Oct 29, 2002
    Hey My VIP722 is only a week old but I keep getting the pop up that it tries to aquire signal. I stays at 0 but when i press the guide button the pic comes back. When the error is up on the screen I can't change the channel or anything.. I am using dp44plus and the dish with 118w. slot. Using a sig diplexer from dish. Any ideas?.. the box sure does run hot.. My D HR20 runs alot cooler that it.

2. Bill R

Bill R Hall Of Fame

Dec 20, 2002
    The first thing to do when that happens is to check signal strength. Press menu, 6, 1, 1 and see what the signal is on the channel that you were watching. Your dish may not be aligned correctly or you may have a defective LNB or some other problem.

If your signal strength is low I would give the company that did your install a call or give DISH tech support a call.

3. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    Does your receiver have adequate ventilation?

4. Conway

Conway Legend

Oct 29, 2002
    yeah it's sitting in the rack below my HR20 It still seems to be hotter than my HR20.. Signal tests are fine except for sat 118w Sig levels from low 20's to high 40's on that sat but all others well into the 70's.. Acts almost like a software issue..