1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIP 722 not receiving both sat's (72 & 61.5)

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Erastus, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Erastus

Erastus New Member

Dec 19, 2016
    S.E. Georgia
    I have a VIP722 receiver I had hoped to add to my account, but I seem to be having an issue when I do a system info check. I can run the check switch and it comes back good for both sat's., but when I check system info I always get red warning on the 61.5 sat.. Does this sound like a bad tuner?, or does anyone have any ideas.

2. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    How do you have it connected? Two unique feeds to the 722? OR 1 unique feed from DPP LNB (or switch) to a DPP separator?

You could have tuner issues, separator issues, cabling issues, switch issues, LNB issues... without knowing more it would be hard to speculate. Are there other receivers on your account?

3. Erastus

Erastus New Member

Dec 19, 2016
    S.E. Georgia
    1 unique feed from DPP LNB to a DPP separator. I tried another separator, no help, I connected another box (VIP612) and I get good feed. So I think cable and separator are good. I also connected a 211z to cable and get good feed. I have three 211z receivers on account and all of them have no problems. I think I have tested everything well enough to be able to say it's a tuner issue.

4. RBA

RBA Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Do you have a 612, 3-211Z and a 722?

5. Erastus

Erastus New Member

Dec 19, 2016
    S.E. Georgia
    No, I have a 512DVR & 3-211z receivers. I wanted to replace the 512DVR with the 722, but I'm having problems with the 722 when I run a system info check. I just used the 612 for testing purposes, it is not on my account.

6. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    Sounds like there is a problem in the 722 then.

7. Erastus

Erastus New Member

Dec 19, 2016
    S.E. Georgia
    After calling dish and having tech. bring a new/refurb. 722 to replace my old 512DVR, we connected new unit and after updating everything, it performs flawlessly. I'm getting all channels in my package. After tech left I performed system info check, and I got same results. The 72 sat. shows green, but the 61.5 still comes up red with the warning message. All I know is the new unit plays like it's supposed to, so the old unit may be fine also. ????

8. scooper

scooper Hall Of Fame

Apr 22, 2002
    Youngsville NC
    How about going to the point dish page and run through both satellites / all transponders and post those results ? That will tell us ALOT more about how your reception is.

9. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    You've still got a problem somewhere then... could also be an LNB issue or cabling. You could try the 722 in another room to see if you get the same RED indicator on 61.5