1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

VIP 722 recorded program transfered to dvd

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by froggio, May 20, 2008.

1. froggio

froggio New Member

May 20, 2008
    Hi,
    I have a VIP 722 with Dish Network subscription and I also have a Panasonic DVD recorder. I have recorded a few shows on the Dish DVR hard drive that I'd like to save on a DVD (ram, r, r dl, rw etc) and I connected the DVR to the DVD recorder. I get the image recorded on the disc but no sound. I tried every cable connection possible, RCA, S video, nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

2. EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO Godfather

Apr 6, 2007

That's strange. I'm doing the same thing with my 622 and it works flawlessly. I use the composite outs of my 622(yellow, red and white) to the composite inputs of my Sony DVD recorder. Then I feed the composite outs of my Sony DVD recorder to a spare composite input of my Sammy DLP. Maybe you have a bad audio cable? Are you using both audio channels or just one? Is there some audio configuration on the Panny DVD recorder that is not set correctly?

3. EXTACAMO

EXTACAMO Godfather

Apr 6, 2007
    One other thing. Does the Panny DVD recorder have a digital tuner? If so it may need to be set to except a line or composite input. Oh, and one other thing :welcome_s

4. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    I have a 722 and a Panasonic DVD recorder. I use the 722's TV1 RCA outs with no problem. Not HD with surround sound, but it does work.

5. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Leapin' Lizard Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Perhaps a dumb question, but are you actually connecting audio cables to your DVD input?

If you are using RCA component... you need 1 cable for video + 2 cables (left and right) for audio. IF using S-video, then you connect the S-video for video + 2 cables (left/right) for audio.