1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

VIP211 Rebooting on it own

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by John W, Mar 18, 2013.

1. John W

John W Icon

Dec 19, 2005
    My VIP211 has started rebooting on its own and is showing a solid green screen....is this thing about to die

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    check its temperature
    turn it cold for 15 min - disconnect power cord

3. CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    I am sorry about this issue and would like to assist you! Please try unplugging the receiver for about 10 seconds. If the receiver is plugged into a surge protector please try plugging it directly into the wall. If this does not resolve the issue please send me a PM so that I can further assist you. Thanks!

4. John W

John W Icon

Dec 19, 2005
    Thank you. Will check these things out tonight when I get home.

5. John W

John W Icon

Dec 19, 2005
    Found it was not plugged into a surge protector but into a multiple outlet extension cord. Now direct to wall will let you know if it happens again by DM. Thank you.

6. CheriT @ DISH Network

CheriT @ DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Thank you for checking that! Please let me know. :)