1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

VIP211K & Tailgater

Discussion in 'ViP211(411)/211K/222 Support Forum' started by ogfalconsr, May 5, 2013.

1. ogfalconsr

ogfalconsr New Member

May 5, 2013
    San Antonio TX
    In my RV I have the Tailgater and within the setup there's an option selection for either East or West Texas and I was wondering what the dividing line or difference between the two is. I live close to San Antonio and have been selecting the West Texas option which works well, as far as I can tell. Yeah I know Texas has a lot of wide open space but that's not the real reason for Dish putting in the two options. Will appreciate explanation.

ogfalconsr
    Cibolo Texas (by San Antonio)

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    pick that one what is best for your current place; next time if you see signal is gone, goto Settings and choose other config

3. Mike.H_DISHNetwork

Mike.H_DISHNetwork DISH Representative DISH Representative

Feb 1, 2011
    [SIZE=medium]It’s based on your geographical location; if you are in the same area as your billing address you will be able to view those locals. If you travel in the opposite direction and you try to use the West port you may not get good signal. You will then want to switch it to East to get good picture, I will provide you our link that deals with Tailgater questions and has different manuals: [/SIZE][SIZE=medium]http://www.dish.com/technology/tv-outdoors/?WT.svl=technologysubnav[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Thanks [/SIZE]