1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

VIP612 and IR to UHF Pro Upgrade Kit

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by sammycanoe, Jul 7, 2014.

Tags:
  1. sammycanoe

sammycanoe New Member

Jul 7, 2014
    michigan
    I have a VIP 612 and I can't get the IR TO UHF Upgrade Kit to work. Red light in Converter won't even come on.

Help

2. MattG@DISH Network

MattG@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 6, 2011
    I'd be happy to help. The 612 does have UHF built in, so the converter is not needed. Make sure the antenna is connected to the UHF port on the back of the receiver and program the remote as normal. What model remote is this?

3. sammycanoe

sammycanoe New Member

Jul 7, 2014
    michigan
    I have the antenna on the receiver but it doesn't work from another room. that is why I wanted the converter.
    VIP 612 DVR

4. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    VIP612 doesn't need an upgrade kit the receiver is capable of either UHF or IR it is simply a menu option and having a UHF remote.

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    I read recently that the converter remote will NOT work with the ViP612 (or pretty much any DISH UHF capable receiver). Have you tried a conventional 6.x Pro UHF remote like the one that the ViP612 came with?

If range is the issue, there are ways of making the receiver more (or less) sensitive to the UHF signal.

6. sammycanoe

sammycanoe New Member

Jul 7, 2014
    michigan
    No UHF remotes in house except for the one the upgrade kit came with. Only have a 20.1 IR remote for the VIP612.

Guess I'm out of luck here. Unless I buy a 6. x Pro UHF remote?

7. RBA

RBA Active Member

Apr 14, 2013
    TEXAS
    Yes you will need a UHF remote DISH has many that will work and Ebay is cheap. I have 21.0, 6.0 and6.3 that all work with my 612.