1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ViP612 HDMI signal problem? Try turning TV on first

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Jimal, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Jimal

Jimal Cool Member

May 31, 2008
    I'm sure other people already know this, but I think I might have figured out something with the ViP612 HDMI connectivity issue.

I'm having the well-documented loss of HDMI signal issue with my ViP612, and in fact I'm now on my second box that has the same problem. I'm to the point that every time I turn on the new box (installed 5/29) I have the No Signal issue.

HOWEVER, since I started turning on my TV before turning the 612, I haven't had a HDMI signal loss issue. Can anyone confirm that this works for them, or am I just the recepient of some dumb luck?

Thanks,
    Jimal

2. langlin

langlin Godfather

Apr 8, 2005
    Doesn't work for me.

3. Jimal

Jimal Cool Member

May 31, 2008
    Didn't work for me the last time I powered up either. Guess its back to the drawing board for Dish. Get to it...:D

4. garywiley

garywiley Mentor

Jun 16, 2007
    It works very infrequently for me.

Gary

5. jkramer5

jkramer5 Cool Member

Jan 12, 2007
    Since my HDMI port literally broke, meaning the solder joints failed
    (verified by the "wiggle test", this wouldn't have worked.

6. shortspark

shortspark Legend

Oct 25, 2006

I always follow these steps in order and have never had a problem in a year and a half - turn power to 622 first, turn on my Onkyo receiver, and the last thing I do is turn on my projector. For shut down, I do the reserve. I have hdmi from the 622 to the Onkyo and hdmi from the Onkyo to the projector.

7. Thinslice

Thinslice Cool Member

Apr 28, 2008
    Humm very interesting, I'll have to try this tonight when I get home.