1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Vip622 Changes Channels on it's own?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by ceegarnut, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ceegarnut

ceegarnut New Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Hello to all. I am experiencing a really weird phenomenon. While in dual mode, my TV2 will start to scan/change channels all on it's own. TV1 never experiences this. This happens at different times during the night. I also notice that if I am scanning down the list of recorded programs, more times than not, the info screen pops up and I have to start all over again at the start of the list. Very strange. Anyway, here is my setup:

Vip622 with L4.05 software
    TV1 is a 65" Mitsubishi HDTV
    TV2 is a 36" Samsung HDTV
    Remote 1 is infrared
    Remote 2 is UHF

I'm guessing it's possible one of my neighbors have a UHF remote, but I thought that was only a slight possibility their signal would affect my set. Any ideas on this?

Thanks to all.

Chris

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper DBSTalk Club

Dec 10, 2002
    :welcome_s ceegarnut.

Change the remote address of your TV2 remote and see if the issue goes away. Whenever this happens, it usually is a neighbor with a remote on the same addy as you have so step one is change remote address and see if problem goes away.

3. ceegarnut

ceegarnut New Member

Mar 26, 2004
    Thanks for the tip. My TV went out and is being fixed Monday. I'll try reprogramming the remote then.

4. SaltiDawg

SaltiDawg New Member

Aug 30, 2004
    Chris,

According to the CSR that helped be to activate our second 622, the 622's initially were shipped with all being with UHF Remote Channel 1 being the default. They were receiving many calls because of neighbors interfering with each other.

As a result of those calls, the 622's are now being shipped with a randomly selected channel and, of course, the number of calls has gone down dramatically. You have all the symptoms of being interfered with by a neighbor. I'd suggest that you change your UHF Channel.

If you're mean spirited, just keep randomly operating your remote until your TV is repaired - maybe your neighbor will call Dish and switch to another UHF channel before your TV is back on line. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.