1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIP622 No picture/sound but still functions

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Galaxie6411, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    For about the past 4 weeks my 622 will, overnight, lose the picture and sound but all the menu functions will work and are up to date. Everything from the program guide to the DVR. Now I can also watch any recorded show, but the live stuff will not come up. If I change the channel enough a signal acquisition box will come up and it will run through all the transponders and never get a lock, it will sit on 0 of 5 for at least 30 minutes. If I do a soft reboot it will fix itself usually the first time, this morning I had to soft reboot twice. This happened last week sometime Friday late night/ Saturday early morning and none of my recordings got recorded for that Saturday. Also both my TV's will have this problem and I use only dual mode.

Today makes the 4th time this has happened and it always happens some time over night. I have a good 4" on the left side of the box and nothing near it in any other direction to block air flow. It is also connected to the phone line.

I've been searching and seen mentions of the black screen but this doesn't sound exactly like the same thing.

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    I'd call Dish and get it replaced.

3. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    I plan to eventually, I need to get an external drive and save all my recordings first. I like to know whats wrong with it in the meantime though. I figure I can't be the only one who has had tis happen. I got the receiver in Jan or Feb. of this year, so it isn't a really early version of them or anything.

4. ChuckA

ChuckA Hall Of Fame

Feb 7, 2006
    What connection are you using to the TV? If it is HDMI you may be seeing the problem others have had. Try using a Component cable connection and see it you have the same issue. I can't explain how a HDMI problem could affect your TV2 however.

5. hokie93

hokie93 Mentor

Aug 20, 2007
    Yeah the same thing happened last weekend with my 622 turned out to be the hdmi input. Dish is sending me one after and hour on hold with them.

6. Galaxie6411

Galaxie6411 Icon

Aug 26, 2007
    I don't use HDMI yet I use component.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.