1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ViP722 HDMI causing reboots

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by spyz88, May 21, 2008.

1. spyz88

spyz88 New Member

May 19, 2008
    I posted the other day about my ViP722 doing random reboots. Well Dish network came out to look at it and said that my signal is fine, but there is an issue with using an HDMI cable and said he would swap out the box, but he would use the component cables instead and that it shouldnt freeze.

Does this sound like a correct diagnosis?

2. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    No. You will, more than likely, get a refurbished unit. From posts here, the refurbs sometimes aren't fully tested before they go back out. Why don't you use component on your present box if HDMI is a problem? You may find that the HDMI isn't the problem at all.

3. spyz88

spyz88 New Member

May 19, 2008
    The E* installer told me the ViP722 is a brand new one. Not a refurb. Since im new to E* im not sure if they always lie like with Cablevision. Heres hoping hes not...+

4. TulsaOK

TulsaOK New Member

Feb 23, 2004
    If he told you it would be new, I would believe him. Refurb units are marked as such.