1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

ViP722 - L7.90 Software Experiences/Bugs Discuss

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by P Smith, Apr 2, 2013.

1. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    New FW spooling:

Code:
    PID=08B3h	 04/01/13 23:06:11
     DownloadID:A3KC
     Upgrading parts of new FW with filters:
     L790:'L040'-'L789','X040'-'X789'
     New FW:'L790'
     List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs and SN:
    '1...'&'RJ[BCHJ-LNP-Z2-5].': 	{ViP722}  R0000000001-R4000000000

2. Grandude

Grandude RichardParker II

Oct 21, 2004
    Thank you, thank you Mr Smith. A serious problem has now been resolved.

I spent the better part of this morning trying to fix my X10 systems. (my wife is handicapped and life is a lot easier for her by being able to turn on/off lamps remotely.)
    Anyway, I tried different housecodes and unplugging almost every switch/controller I could get to easily to no avail.

Then, when I read your post, I decided to give my 722 a cold start while I continued troubleshooting the X10 system. To my surprise everything x10 started working again as soon as I unplugged the 722. Still working after the cold boot.

Reminder to all, do a cold reboot of your VIP722 today..........and thanks again to you P Smith for the heads up on the new firmware.
    If you are ever passing by Santa Rosa on your wanderings on 101, give me a hoot and I'll buy you a cup of coffee.

3. tymekeeper

tymekeeper Legend

Jan 11, 2008
    I got L790 also. The guide was very, very slow so I decided to check version and had 790. Unpluged and plugged back in after a few minutes (cold roboot) and the guide was back to normal. Don't know what this version fixed and why the big jump from L729 to 790?

4. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    Lxxx versions are unique and using for all models, not just for the 722

5. tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1 Legend

Jan 26, 2009
    I'm having a major problem with L790 on a 722. It goes into a "stupid" mode with the OTA tuner unusable. The specific symptoms are 1) Responses to keypresses are very slow, in the 10-20 second ballpark, and 2) All OTA stations say the signal is lost. A push-button reboot never cures the problem. A power cycle (i.e. pull the plug) always cures the problem. Can't tell for sure but the problem seems to be highly related to watching or recording OTA. For example, when we record Jeopardy from OTA the 722 crashes into this state about 75% of the time. Recording the same show from satellite never crashes it. It's getting serious, having crashed 3 times in the last 30 minutes watching an OTA show. Is anybody else having this particular problem?

6. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    check OTA signal, if it fluctuating or low - use better antenna

7. tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1 Legend

Jan 26, 2009
    I doubt that my problem is related to a low OTA signal. With the station that crashes the 722, the transmitting antenna is 7 miles away with clear line-of-sight. As I said, when the 722 goes down, ALL OTA stations say no signal, and a power cycle immediately restores all of them. If signal strength is an issue it would be that it's too strong, which in the absence of more data is just as viable a theory as any. I'm still wondering if anybody else has this same problem:

1) All OTA stations say "no signal"
    2) Occurs while watching or recording OTA
    3) Satellite and recorded material still plays
    4) Response to remote commands take at least 10 seconds
    5) Power cycle fixes

8. speedboat

speedboat AllStar

Sep 22, 2009

9. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    If you disconnect the OTA antenna from the module, does this still occur? I remember months ago an issue with the module connected to the receiver causing a problem. Please let me know. Thanks.