1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

VIP722k Duo Receiver - DVD player to play on second TV?!?

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by DigitalGENOcyde, Mar 18, 2012.

1. DigitalGENOcyde

DigitalGENOcyde New Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Ok so I've previously read the entire manual, but now cannot find it anywhere... I thought I saw something where you possibly can connect a DVD player (The table of contents says a VCR though) and have it display on the second TV when it's setup as a dual tuner.

I checked the manual on the Dish Network site and it's missing pages in the PDF document.

CAN ANYONE PLEEEEASE ASSIST?!?

Thanks!

2. Jim5506

Jim5506 Hall Of Fame

Jun 7, 2004
    No.

That reference in the manual was for connecting a VCR to the output of the Dish receiver and having the Dish receiver control the starting and stopping of the VCR recordings via an IR emitter on the front of the receiver.

This is an anacronism from before DVR days, probably not enabled anymore and who has a working VCR anymore?

There are NO usable inputs on any Dish DVR's that would allow any other device to send signal to the DVR.

Some older SD receivers had an RF input that was passed through to your TV for antenna or other connection.

Only SD TiVos are capable of recording inputs and these are only component inputs where you can attach such a device as you mention.

3. gtal98

gtal98 Godfather

Jan 30, 2011
    +1

A Dish DVR does not in anyway allow you to see at DVD player from TV1 at TV2 location.