1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Vip722k external hdd 1tb wd not working

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by Oltimer, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Oltimer

Oltimer Cool Member

Oct 25, 2008
    After using my external WD 1TB HDD without any problems
    It won't recognise it today . It tells me it is an unrecognizable
    Devise any suggestions on how to repair ? Have a few shows
    on it still boots but my 722k can't reconnect

2. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    search and follow posts with a keyword "DishArc"

3. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    What is the error message number you see in the upper right hand corner of the error box? Please let me know. Thanks.

4. Oltimer

Oltimer Cool Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Code 850 is displayed any help would be greatly appreciated . Is there anyway to save my recording?
    I have seen blogs about DishArc.

5. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    then grab Linux CD and start recovering ...

6. Oltimer

Oltimer Cool Member

Oct 25, 2008
    I've looked an find only bits an pieces about DishArc do you have
    Directions or step by step how to recover and what software to buy or download. All I have is a win 7 older notebook with 160 hd
    Thanks in advance

7. P Smith

P Smith Mr. FixAnything

Jul 25, 2002
    Mediterranea...
    not just myself, many guys did the recovery .. you don't need to install Linux on the notebook, just download Ubuntu, burn CD, boot from it; then play with it to be familiar

also you'll need two USB enclosures - one is your old EHD and new one - for recovering EHD's recordings

and read all posts how-to

8. sliderbob

sliderbob Legend

Aug 9, 2007
    I've had similar experiences with external drives. Try to reboot the dvr-WITHOUT the external drive plugged in, and try again. After a successful boot, plug in the external drive to the front usb port-I've had problems with the rear one.