1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Virus tempts with peek at passwords

Discussion in 'Tech Talk - Gadgets, Gizmos and Technology' started by John Corn, Jul 17, 2002.

1. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    A new computer virus with the tempting subject line “Re: Your password!” began worming its way around the Internet Monday. Dubbed “Frethem,” the virus is rated a medium risk by most researchers because it is spreading relatively quickly. According to antivirus firm Symantec Corp., Frethem has already infected computers inside 25 companies since its initial discovery early Monday.

Full Story

2. gcutler

gcutler Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Either patching Outlook (an old patch at that) or running Lotus Notes/Domino instead of Outlook/Exchange helps ;)

My e-mail admin duties lately have been telling inhouse users not to e-mail 50MB attachments to the mobile (dialup) sales force. :p

3. Rage

Rage Fromer Member

Aug 19, 2001
    I had that one around a month or two ago. At least with that subject line that came with a virus.

4. TimL

TimL Legend

Apr 23, 2002
    I got that "password" virus this morning..my Virus checking software cleaned it right up.

Tim L