1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Vizio 5.1 S4251w-B4 Soundbar with Wireless Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers

Discussion in 'Home Theater Audio' started by acostapimps, Apr 13, 2014.

1. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I'm possibly thinking of getting this soundbar, I see a lot of good feedback reviews even from CNET, I just want to know what you think about this system, What are advantages and disadvantages, Only complaint I see is the included cord for the rear speakers is not long enough, But every reviewers say they put great sound for a 5.1 soundbar.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

2. acostapimps

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I find it hard to believe that no one here have this soundbar, as I get the ignore treatment on the other sat forum also, If not this one at least give me advice on which one either 5.1 or 7.1 soundbar or AV/HTIB.

3. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
  4. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Specs on it look pretty good and it is not very expensive, most places is $299 at this time. Definitely need the rear speakers to get the whole surround effect.

We just finished installing 3 more speakers to make a total of 9 speakers and the sub for my son yesterday. Holey Moley that is an awesome system but very expensive.

5. acostapimps

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Thanks guys, I see on Amazon I can get for $245 minus shipping, but I'll try to see on eBay for a better deal, although I did see 1 for $230 with free shipping but it's manufacturer refurbished, I might buy that one but not too sure, I'll have to look on the sellers feedback history.

6. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    Pay attention to the Warranty of the refurbished / recertified items. Some have no warranty and some have 30 days.
    A new one has a 1 year parts and labor warranty.

7. radiomandc

radiomandc Legend

Jul 22, 2009
    I have this sound bar and love it. It produces great sound for me and the wires were not a problem on the rear speakers for me.

8. acostapimps

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    I like the DTS sound setting from the Samsung TV than the Dolby Digital from the Directv DVR, it gives it better sound and volume level, I'm using optical from TV to soundbar and digital connection from soundbar to DVR, The DTS sound coming from TV/optical via the Digital Audio Out settings menu is a lot better than digital/DVR to the soundbar, I wish my Samsung TV had a digital audio port but it doesn't, only optical.